Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Toucans

toucan illustration - coloured engraving



hand-coloured engraving of toucan



Le Pignancoin no. 7



Le Petit Toucan, a ventre rouge no. 8



bird illustration: south american toucan



hand-coloured south american toucan book illustration



book illustration of toucan



colourful engraving of toucan




19th century illustration of toucan



south american toucan illustration



toucan engraving



Le Tocard no. 9



Le Toucan a Collier jaune no. 4



'Histoire Naturelle des Oiseaux de Paradis et des Rolliers, Suivie de celle des Toucans et des Barbus' -- François Levaillant ; Jacques Barraband ; Perée, Jacques Louis ; Grémillier ; Bouquet, Louis, Paris : Denné le jeune / Perlet, 1806.


All the images above were background cleaned fairly meticulously. More to come*.

3 comments :

MrCachet said...

I knew there was a good reason I like this place!

Patrick said...

Did you know that three of these make a six-pack?

(Bad joke. But it seems to always get a laugh.)

I really look forward to your emails. Thanks.

Patrick

judykluanemal said...

Hi there, I have a lithograph( I think) of No 6 Toucan, I bought it and 2 parrots(Variete du Lori a collier + Le Perroquela Calotte Bleue) and enjoy them. I am thinking of moving things around in the lounge, my new plan would put my Toucan in the light from the window.. I was thinking this would highlight the pic. Then thought "oh it might fade", Do you know if my lithograph is a cheapy or should I keep it out of the light? If they are cheapies I could try to get more toucans, as I my google search has shouwn all the ones above and they are great, I would love to get more.. I like the proud Toucan pic more than the green/yellow red/green budgie ones. Whatever result I am going to check out all the other birds that Levaillant, F. and Barraband did so good, I have learnt something, Thanks in advance, kluanemalamutes@dodo.com.au judy

Post a Comment

Comments are all moderated so don't waste your time spamming: they will never show up.

If you include ANY links that aren't pertinent to the blog post or discussion they will be deleted and a rash will break out in your underwear.

Also: please play the ball and not the person.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 
Creative Commons License